She sat down on the edge of her bed and motioned for him to sit too.  Then
she put down the glass of milk after taking a sip and rubbed her eyes.  "I
don't even know where to start though.  Did you know Kat thought Derek had
died?  She told me in the car on the way to the hospital.  And it came close
to that Philip.  I can't imagine living here and keeping things going
without him around and for a while there I was scared todeath he was going
to die too."


Philip reached out and gently took her hands in his own, his gaze
understanding "Makes you wonder how Nick made it through, doesn't it?  Alex,
he didn't die.  You have to focus on that.  He's here with us and too..." he
paused like he had and even gave the same dry, humorous small ghost of a
grin he had then "stubborn to let that happen."

He hesitated and then asked quietly "Does he know.... how you feel about
him?"

Reply via email to