Can we say we are talking about a small simple tank , without
suspension or super charged motors.

Q1/ Each part will require listing and individually pricing.
    In the UK :-

i,    Drive motors            £100.
ii,   Drive controller        £100.
iii,  Marker + bottle + mask  £140.
iv,   Radio set               £100.
v,    Turret motor/controller £60.
vi,   batteries+charger       £100.
vii,  structure material      £60.
viii, Axles+drive gear        £50.
ix,   wheels+track            £0-200.
x,    fixings+paint           £40.

That comes to a whopping total of up to £750.00 - £950.00
Note : These prices are for `new` items, second hand/salvaged or
liberated items do pop up sometimes.
A builder may already have many of these items bringing the total down
considerably .

Q2/ This is the biggest unknown factor. I would say to be realistic ,
300 hours.
Work time will greatly reduce with higher skills and better equipment.

Q3/ Where possible I think apart from the hull and turret (unless part
of a kit) and maybe tracks depending on type, everything would be
better bought ready made. for reasons of standardization and
reliability.

Q4/ If a starter kit is in consideration by some one on here, what
tank or tanks would be on offer?
I do believe that people delude themselves when starting to build a
tank. I`ve seen so many people build a plywood tank shaped box , then
disappear off the forum.
New people will generally want to build their "own" tank , even if
they are without the ability. when I say ability I also mean
determination.

Neil R