Hi William!

On 23 Nov., 18:55, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Maxima started in the 1960s, whereas Singular, Pari, GAP are from the
> 1990s, right?   Venerable = "accorded a great deal of respect, esp.
> because of age"

My impression was that the word "venerable" (used *twice* in the
proposal) by itself is very old-fashioned and rather odd in a CAS
context. I would certainly not use the corresponding German word
"altehrwürdig" to refer to a computer algebra system or to an NSF-
funded winter school. To my ears, it has an ironic undertone.

But I am not a native speaker...
Cheers,
Simon