Hi Beth,
That the naproxen sodium worked is probably a clue. I used to use it for
various joint problems and it was effective, but it doesn't touch the
post-herptic neuralgia. I know each person is different, but this might be a
clue that what your husband has isn't related to that sort of neuralgia. I'm so
glad it helped.
Today I tried Zostrix, a cream with capsaicin in it and it seems to put a
distracting 'heat' on the surface that masks the spasming neuralgia underneath.
It might even keep the spasms from springing into action, with its
heat-soothing effect. Dunno. Just glad for a different sort of sensation after
a month of hell.
Be well,
Léna