You wouldn't have a contact for second level support over at Tivo would ya ? I really hate going through the typical computer directed troubleshooting efforts, especially when the problem takes 12 hours to show up.
And for what it's worth, even when it's blank on channel 109, and I key in 109 on the remote, it doesn't restore the channel, I have to switch to a different channel and back. And on top of that, if one tuner is on say 109, and I am scrolling through the channels on the other tuner, when I get to 109, it actually switches tuners to the other one, and then bounces back to the first tuner, so I still can't get the unit to activate the channel in some cases. The recording history shows some shows weren't recorded because the channel wasn't available. Glen ----- Original Message ---- > From: MegaZone <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Sent: Mon, July 5, 2010 11:21:30 PM > Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] New problems... > > On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 19:18, Glen Farney <> > ymailto="mailto:[email protected]" > href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]> > wrote: > > So, who knows these systems well enough to hazard a > guess as to what is > actually timing out, if there is a setting change > that perhaps Charter can > make to the tuning adapter, the hub switch, or > even to Tivo to avoid this > issue. I have Tivo suggestions turned on so > it would likely have recorded > something else during the dead time, there > by changing the channel for me, > but it seems if you don't watch the > suggestions for a while, it slows down > the recording of them to one or > two shows a day, or less. > No need to guess, this is a 'feature' > of SDV. Remember, the purpose of SDV is to be able to offer X channels > on Y frequencies - where X > Y. You only need enough frequencies to > serve the number of unique channels simultaneously in use within the service > area. Of course, this doesn't work well if someone could tune a channel > and go away, leaving the frequency tied up indefinitely. So SDV systems > have a timeout, if nothing is done within some period of time the frequency > is reclaimed for reuse. I'm a little surprised that the TiVo isn't > sending a tuning request to the TA before recording. I thought they > did, and older TiVos with a cable box and IR blasters would send the digits > before recording - even if it thought it was already on the channel. > Could be because, with CableCARD, the TiVo is 'sure' it is on the right > channel - but isn't smart enough to tell the signal is gone. I suppose > there could be a problem with the TA and the TiVo is sending a request and it > isn't making the assignment request to the head end, but I suspect the TiVo > isn't asking the TA to assign a frequency to the channel. I think this > is most likely something TiVo would need to fix. -- > ymailto="mailto:[email protected]" > href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected] / > > ymailto="mailto:[email protected]" > href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected] Geek, Gweep, > Technophile, me. > href="http://www.GizmoLovers.com">www.GizmoLovers.com / > > href="http://www.MegaZone.org">www.MegaZone.org / > > href="http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com">www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail > Eris > href="http://Twitter.com/megazone">Twitter.com/megazone / > > href="http://Facebook.com/megazone">Facebook.com/megazone / > target="_blank" > href="http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone">www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone "A > little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" > 432-363-4296 [Non-text portions of this message have been > removed] ------------------------------------ Yahoo! > Groups Links > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tivocentral/join (Yahoo! ID > required) > > href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected] > href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected] > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
