Totally agree Grace, we are here to support and lend friendship not judge

--- On Fri, 5/21/10, Grace M. <grace...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Grace M. <grace...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] alive
To: "Maggie" <magiema...@hotmail.com>
Cc: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Friday, May 21, 2010, 10:21 AM

All right. People who experience a life changing illness, do not all reach a
point of acceptance at the same time.  It is a process and there is no specific
time limit or gauge that can determine when that time of acceptance will
come.   Asking for *understanding* does not mean that one is sitting on the
pity pot.

In defense of Jeron, I saw nothing in his initial post that indicated that he
was looking for pity. On the contrary I saw a heartfelt post from someone who
was looking for understanding from others who have been through the same
experience.  Just because you (Or I.) have come to a point of acceptance, does
not give us the right to insinuate that someone else who is not at the same
point in their journey, should be where we are---instead we should respond with
mindful kindness.  We don't all *get there* within the same time frame nor do
we all take the same route.  Your way is not better, nor is it lesser---it is
all very individualized.

The majority of people who responded to Jeron's post, did so with understanding
and kindness.  I would hope that we all continue to do so.

Respectfully,

Grace