That sounds wonderful.
Janice

From: Barbara Alma
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:45 PM
To: jan...@centurytel.net ; tmic-l...@eskimo.net
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Living life on your own terms - accepting TM???

For all who love the beach: we have found that there are some beaches that have
very large wheelchairs that have huge plastic wheels that go very well on sand.
 We've seen these in San Diego, Florida and on private islands that the cruise
companies have in the Bahamas.  It makes it possible to be at the beach at
least, they can go into the water also.  Picture a Lily Tomlin chair made of
PVC pipe, quite fun!  I loved it.  I have tried in the past walking in dry sand
on my crutches and it moves too much for me so I couldn't do it.  I've walked
with 2 men holding my arms and that's very hard, but once I get on the hard,
wet sand I'm in better shape and can do better with help.  It only takes a very
weak and I mean the weakest kind of wave you can imagine to knock me over
unless I get into at least waist high water, but I love it.  The caribbean
water is the best, nice and warm and clear.  It's worth it all to me to be able
to experience the beach.

Hugs, Barbara A in Auburn CA