What I am really wondering is if one ever really gets to the point of
accepting this thing?  It has almost been six years (August) and daily I
have to decide whether to get up and work with it, fight it, or give into
it.

Most of the time I fight it.  Working with it would make my life easier I
suppose, but darn it, I am with Jeron .  It has taken a lot away.

One of the things that I have discovered after fighting it so hard for five
years - to get back to where I used to be before being struck with TM - was
that either way, TM or no TM - I could not regain my former self.  It would
be like suddenly becoming 30 again.  It isn't going to be.  I would have
aged 5 years whether I had TM or not.  That made it much easier for me to
realize that life is going to go on, I am going to grow older, and with age
comes limitations, TM or not.  That might not make sense to others, but it
sure helped me quit fighting so hard, and to accept the down days.

It also enabled me to lift up my head, look around, and realize that my
friends and acquaintances all have their own struggles with growing older,
they are just not as visible as mine.  Most of them deal with pain every
day, in one way or another, just as a matter of course of growing older, and
what that in itself can do to the body.

But, Jeron, I do totally get where you are coming from.  And I wish I could
go scuba diving today too - especially since there is a heavy snowfall
warning in effect for my area.  On May Long weekend no less!

Janet