Coincidentally, someone from a different TM support group recently expressed
similar difficulty and here's a response that may be of help.

> "Hi all,
> I am new to this group and was hoping you folks could give me some advice.
I am recovering from transverse myelitis. I was unable to walk for six
months and had complete paralysis from the waist down for three months. I am
now able to walk again, but have severe hypersensitivity to hot and cold and
get stabbing pain in my legs particularly at night. What do some of you do
for the pain? I am looking to avoid narcotics and habit forming medications.
Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated."

"My relief came from flexeral (sp) which helped the spasms and cymbalta,
which helped with the neuropathic pain. When I get localized brutal nerve
pain in my spine (rare), only tramadol helps."