I would start with Baclofen first  -  I think it works great.    You need to
take all through the day, morning, noon and night.    It really does help a lot.
Janice

From: Elizabeth Clark
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 2:36 PM
To: 'Janet Dunn' ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [TMIC] Looking for input.

Coincidentally, someone from a different TM support group recently expressed
similar difficulty and here’s a response that may be of help…

> “Hi all,
> I am new to this group and was hoping you folks could give me some advice. I
> am recovering from transverse myelitis. I was unable to walk for six months
> and had complete paralysis from the waist down for three months. I am now
> able to walk again, but have severe hypersensitivity to hot and cold and get
> stabbing pain in my legs particularly at night. What do some of you do for
> the pain? I am looking to avoid narcotics and habit forming medications. Any
> advice you have would be greatly appreciated.”

“My relief came from flexeral (sp) which helped the spasms and cymbalta, which
helped with the neuropathic pain. When I get localized brutal nerve pain in my
spine (rare), only tramadol helps.”