A question is coming I promise:

I can relate to all of these different sensations. I live in texas and am
terrified about the cold weather which won't be coming for quite sometime,
but it scares me. Maybe that's because it was so cold when in was diagnosed
and my hands would feel completely curled up in a ball and while I could
pick things up I was unable to set them down.

I take Baclofen for the spastiscity and muscle spasms and I am so thankful
that it takes care of that type of pain. After being paralyzed and having
to learn to walk again the feeling that was coming back was pain I had
never felt before and was so hard to describe.

As far as nerve pain goes I take Neurontin. Has anyone been on Neurontin
and Lyrica at different times and can try to give a description as to how
one works better than the other.

My problem is that the Neurontin takes care of most of nerve pain but my
hands continue to twitch and when I wake up in the morning my feet and
ankles have such a horrible sensation that I feel like I need to go to the
hospital - it's that bad (i would not go to the hospital again unless I
ABSOLUTELY had to after the time I spent there - a month was long enough
for me) Has this happened to anyone.

Another question: Has anyone had any convulsions or seizures when they wake
up? Not sure what to call them but whenever I wake up, no matter what time,
 My head thrashes forward than back a few times and it almost seems I have
no control over my body. I have to hold onto the ceramic part of the sink
so I won't hit it. I have already hit the bridge of my nose and chipped a
tooth in doing so. I don't know what to call this but I have made an appt
with my neurologist but can't get in until August 1 and am really scared.

Also, I have a problem urinating. I have to push really hard no matter how
bad I have to go.

In conclusion, I would really like to know what works best for nerve pain,
whether Neurontin or or Lyrica. Neurontin works other than the bottom bart
of my legs. I should be grateful that it works that well, it is much better
than what I went through before the scripts were ordered. But am curious
about Lyrica. My neurologist mentioned it as an alternative but as I said
the neurontin was working so well(other than the lower half that I didn't
want to change anything.)

Thank you for listening - I know we all have different experiences with our
own Transverse Myelitis and I appreciate your time.  Wish I could find a
support group nearby. While I can't donate just yet I will be able to do so
in September and it will be very worth it.