I don't know why it should be so slow. For me, 7.6 scans a little faster
than 7.5.4. And it was that way on my NAS, too. If it goes much longer,
abort the scan and check the scanner.log file.

Btw, even if the scan hasn't completed you should be able to see all of
your music files if you use the My Music > Music Folder route to browse
your files. That is the only browse mode that doesn't use the SQL
database -- it just reads directly from the OS. However, note that if
your NAS is heavily occupied running the scan that the response going
via Music Folder is likely to be very slow.

--
aubuti