aubuti;629490 Wrote:
> I don't know why it should be so slow. For me, 7.6 scans a little faster
> than 7.5.4. And it was that way on my NAS, too. If it goes much longer,
> abort the scan and check the scanner.log file.

OK; thanks.  It looks like it's almost done with the file scanning, so
for now I'll let it run.

> Btw, even if the scan hasn't completed you should be able to see all of
> your music files if you use the My Music > Music Folder route to browse
> your files. That is the only browse mode that doesn't use the SQL
> database -- it just reads directly from the OS. However, note that if
> your NAS is heavily occupied running the scan that the response going
> via Music Folder is likely to be very slow.

Ah, success:  My music is there.  Thank you thank you thank you thank
you thank you.

The next big question will be, whether 7.6 still does that annoying
intermittent pause thing on the first track of my ALAC albums.

--
Zonker92

Squeezebox Touch > Dynaco Stereo 70 > Altec 846Bs with 902 drivers and
Z19 crossovers + Velodyne HGS-12