Hi Heinz, hi Alex,

On So 18 Jul 2010 19:18:43 CEST "Heinz-M. Graesing" wrote:

As this was a response to Mike's mail:

Am 18.07.2010 14:42, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
possible focus could be:

  1. support the next release as best as we can (testing, bug reports etc.)

Most of the bugs are not part of our code but can be find inside the
used projects (xming,...). This makes it a bit harder to fix all known
bugs.

Ahhh... OK... I did not realize that...

Another thing is the status of the mac port of x2goclient:

 - we don't have mac hardware (anymore)
 - we don't know how to embedd the window of
   x2goagent inside the browserview (x2goplugin
   vs. style guide of mac development)
 - there is a big number of complaints about the
   mac port because it is not using cocoa and
   build on objective c

THIS MEANS: we have to get you some Mac hardware...

Don't you think this should be possible by asking some sponsors etc.

I would simply put that on the x2go homepage (as I remember from another post it was stolen?). I would simply explain the situation in your blog or similar and hope that someone will read it who has the money to provide you with hardware.

Parallely, I will ask a friend of mine who is a Mac adept. Maybe he has an idea...

  2. be happy once the release is out

This should be worth a party :).

COOL!!!

  3. ONLY THEN: take our time to listen to each others ideas, find a
synthesis
    of them all and setup a working scenario that allows fluid
collaboration,
    coordinated by the core developers of X2go

I think we needed this exchange of ideas to get a bit more to know about
each other and the project.

Maybe you are right, thanks for giving your time to this exchange...

Best,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

eMail-LeseSchreibStunde: wochentags 8h-10h
mail: m.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: