I don't think it's so much about bad mouthing you.
You need to step back and think about the situation here in AP a little
differently.
Our city has had many more crime problems then LB, and for more then 30 years
the city
has been struggling. We residents have to cope with problems brought on by our
homeless population, such as people sleeping in our parks, pan handlers at our
convienience stores, homeless people using our parks etc. as open air
bathrooms. Not
only that, but many of these people come to AP with serious drug and alcohol
problems,
and AP is not the place to send somebody with a drug problem. There are plenty
of drugs
here, and plenty of dealers looking for new customers. One of my pet peeves
with the
drinking homeless people is that they don't seem to understand that there are
these
things called garbage cans to discard things in, so they just leave them
anyplace, such as
my lawn, or broken on somebodies sidewalk.
Meanwhile, AP is trying to make a comeback. I think our growing homeless
population is a
threat to this.
And please don't think the people of AP are without compassion, because that's
not the
case. Many of us are just plain fed up. That's not so hard to understand, is it?