I understand.  I think the one issue that has some in a knot is the
fact that the men in the shelter are released every day into the
public streets.  What they must understand is that the Federal Court
made it illegal to keep them in for 24 hours a day.  They are not to
be in prisoned in the shelter.  They are to be released every day in
an attempt to secure work independent of the shelter and move on with
their lives.

I saw a guy sleeping in the parking lot over the weekend, he had
three options.  "Shelter, hospital or jail."  He was not sick so the
hospital wouldn't take him.  He was not "jailable" - so he had no
choice but to go to the shelter.  He had 2 options there.  Fort
Monmouth or Asbury park.  Fort Monmouth wouldn't take him, so he
wound up in Asbury park.

Now some of you who fight with me about what I have tried to do in
Long Branch, open the shelter at Lighthouse here, well the irony of
it is you support the few who have made it impossible to open a Long
Branch shelter over the last 13 years, and you now have the Long
Branch homeless in Asbury!

So I decided because Mario & asbury couple like to jump on me every
chance they get, and because I have faith that MSM will do the proper
job I have decided not ot provide shelter in the Long Branch project
at all.  Besides there is so much more to do in ministry.

So as we all can see, what a man sows so shall he reap.  Those of you
in Asbury who have joined in with the Long Branch politicians in bad
mouthing me for wanting to help the homeless here in Long Branch, you
win, I'll refer them all to MSM in Asbury.

Thanks for lightening my load.

Blessings

KB

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "icaruscriesfire"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You must understand, kev, those with interests in AP believe that
no
> one else has valid interest in AP. They don't need anyone cleaning
the
> rose color off their goggles.
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <jerseykev@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <asburycouple@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually it's not a cheap shot.  Why don't you focus on Long
Branch