Mario and Oakdorf,
I agree wholeheartedly, having gone to all Black, albeit, "private"
school.  I don't know what the core curriculum is, in the AP school
system, or how it's administered.  I do know that an awful lot of
money is sent into the district, because of the Abbott decision, but
it appears, to be going down the drain, instead of into the heads, of
our most precious resource; the children!  It's obscene the dollar
amount being spent and for what?  I don't see any physical
improvements to the schools facades, to blame it on maintenance.   Is
it the teachers, the methods, what?  It's irksome to not know!  Just a
guess, but my fear is that a lot of blame goes to the teachers!  I've
known teachers, with one book and xerox copies, teach and the kids excel!

Does this mean the kids are paying attention?  I also know that most
schools have a breakfast program, similar to the one started in the
60's, by the Black Panthers, emphasizing that if kids, are prepared
physically, they will perform better, mentally!  I'll bet you, I can
walk into a Black Classroom, without any books and with positive
reinforcement, the kids, will remember who I am!  After a week of
this, I'll bet that in 6 weeks, the same kids, will remember me, for
the rest of their life!  I have a message and the message is, you have
to decide who you want to be, white, pink or blue collar, in life.

I know it isn't that simple, but if kids go to school knowing that if
someone gives a damn, you'll see it, hear about it and know!  Just
look at AP Pop Warner, no, look at AP varsity, because the same kids
were coached by the same Pop Warner Coaches.  Kids perform, when
taught properly.  Kids do better, when they know someone, gives a
damn!  When you tell kids, do good in school and you can get away from
a "bad" environment, some, not all, will take you up on it.  Kids,
need "life coaches" and if you tell a kid how great they are every
day, pretty soon, that's how they become!  I know, I did it, for 12 years.

Not one kid dropped out of school and they ALL graduated, on time!
They became teachers, doctors, lawyers, advertising executives, etc.
I know; I've attended many a wedding for one of the girls, I coached
and told, that no one, was better/greater/smarter/talented/beautiful/,
than THEY were!  People thought I owned stock in Dunkin Donuts,
Kentucky Fried, Tropicana Orange and Hawaiian Punch, for my famous
"tail-gate" parties, after my girls performed!  I used positive
reinforcement, a smile and lots of hugs!

When kids are taught music and dance in school, it prepares them to
"socialize", in proper company, in a proper setting.  I learned the
"box" step and square-dancing, sing a longs, etc. and in health class,
we were taught why you wash your hands before and after meals, the
rest room protocols, which is why to this day, I carry a pocket
package of kleenex!  Little things, you never forget, in an
uncivilized world!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 11/20/2007 7:09:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> how  about analyzing the population shift in general over that
period. ...
> AP  has had the OPPORTUNITY with over 1 billion in state aid to build a
> superior  program
> but failed for one reason or the other. Skip the race issue. No
reason a
> single race school
> can't excel. You don't need white kids to make  the rest smarter.
>
> Good points.
>

> ll  kids have the SAME opportunity for a HIGHER level of
education/programs