#1, I didn't post this part, yet it appears attributed to me!

    > > Well sharon your points, comments and life experiences (and the
    success of raising your family) are well taken.

    > > Once again, it's that "be ready...cause trouble is waiting.."
    > >
    > > That's the scary part - for lack of better words.
    > >
    > > So why don't the community leaders - all these organizations that
    ARE there to help, take action. Talk to the kids and parents.

    > > What are the REAL issues?
    > >
    > > - Is it housing
    > > - quality of life
    > > - lack of work - what kind of work would one accept
    > >
    > > Employment:
    > > - What kind of programs are in place within the city with city and
    surrounding employers.

    > > For example: Are there any intern programs with Jersey Shore Medical
    - between the HS and JS?? If not, why not? Seems like a natural.

    > > - does the city have any interns? How about the chamber of
    commerce?
    > > How about Madison Marquette. I call them interns, but if the
    business can't afford to pay for it, I'd say take it from the school $
    or other grant money. The kids can work 25 hours per week, $9 per hour.
    That's 225 per week gross. 10 weeks - each kid gets $2250. Take 200
    kids. Pennies for such a program. Can you get kids to work $9.00? IS it
    worth more to keep them off the street - then go for it. $12 hour?

    > > - how about kids that graduated from AP High? Where did they go,
    what are they doing now? Anyone know? Does anyone track their careers?
    Can they come back and talk to other kids????

    > > What kinds of employment programs exist in the school system with a
    $90 million budget. (as for employment programs, I meant for the kids -
    not admin)

    > > There is only so much that can be done. You need intelligent people
    running these programs and people that want to participate. Without, you
    have people making comments like "we gonna burn the place down" or "be
    ready".

    > > That is what has to be addressed by those who interact with the
    local community. And those leaders should be inviting in african
    american owned businesses. And those leaders should ensure that if
    something is built or renovated on the west side, that bricks don't get
    thrown through the windows or lights shattered.

    > > Would it make difference if you just gave everyone, and I mean
    everyone $1,000,000? Every resident, any color.

    > > What do you think?
    > >
    > > The one that pisses it away after two weeks would be pissed at the
    guy who saved it, right?

Furthurmore, who are you addressing?  Why isn't what you're "doing" publicized?
You say you're following the group.  Why?  You reply to ME, then go on a rant?
I at least identify myself as a Woman of color.  Who are YOU?  Yes, I remember
Asbury Works and all I could remember was Tamara, forget her last name and
I assumed the program went belly up like everything around here.  I was involved
in the initial start up of AW but I've had health issues, dropped out of
posting for almost
a year, but you at least identified yourself, which some posters DON'T do and
the only
time they post something is when they've been thrown off a board, lose an
election or have some assinine comment that turn most of us off!

We're in this group because we LIVE here, we WORK here and have seen
Asbury Park go down the drain from developers that want to turn AP into
South Beach Florida or SoHo South!  You have a mindset that tells me, you
work here, but either don't live here but like most NJ natives, because I think
I know your family, think their home, example: Long Branch, Red Bank,'Belmar,
et.al.,
think THEIR hometown is way better.  That might be true, but we here are ONLY
interested in what gets Asbury Park moving forward!