"I'm used to this type of code switch when I go home and talk to the right
wingers in my family. But if Trump wins I expect I'll have to do it up here
too."

An elaboration of my metaphor would be that some of the tactics run in an
interpreter (D) and some are compiled (H).  The interpreter (pretending) is
fine if it infrequent autopilot like holidays, but too much overhead for daily
head-to-head with competing agents that have affinity for D worlds.   Having to
recompile for the D is doable, but it feels like a cage and uses up time (life)
in a way I find useless.   But I've done such things before.  I can tell it
makes me not a nice person even when I'm doing it.    I guess I can say to
myself, "Look what you made me do."

I've also benefited from Affordable Health Care Act patient protections, e.g. a
property of the H world.  That these protections could just go away will
decrease my productivity and could well reduce the total taxes I pay over my
working life.

Marcus