Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I like it.

Think about it - where (historically) have most of the game's most
talented/skilled players been found? On community servers. That means (if
quickplay IS really going to match players to servers with their skill
level) that as payers get better at the game, they should automatically get
funneled towards community servers (provided, of course, that community
servers are finally added back to the mix by default).

Even better - instead of community servers that are quickplay-enabled
getting sent players who barely know what each class does, we'll start
getting players that are actually ready to be taught some team-play.

Maybe it's pie-in-the-sky thinking on my part, but if we absolutely HAVE TO
keep quickplay forever, at least that kind of implementation makes more
sense.