> Oh ! And who created the IDE's ?? The ones who created these IDE's
> used another IDE is it ?? ;-)

You are missing the point Khader. You are expecting every programmer a
Real Programmer. Try to think about novice programmers. Do you know
anything called as RADD tool?

Continuing, that 'another IDE' must have been created using some 'line
editor' which in turn... If you go to the root, you will find a string
of 0s and 1s input by mechanical switches!! Do you expect anybody
(Real Programmers) to use mechanical switches for programming?

> People learn from mistakes !! want to deny that ?? ;-)
> And if you don't want to learn, then go ahead and use an IDE ;-)

People learn from mistakes but that doesn't mean you waste time in
writing code with mistakes and pass time finding them. Let me tell you
IDEs do not correct your mistakes, rather point to it as soon as you
do it. If you are interested in wasting a lot of time *learning* from
mistakes, I surely not recommend IDEs :-)

> Ever been on the kernel mailing list ?? Try it !!
> Those guys know almost every part of the kernel and the various
> structures, unions etc.,. and they are not superhumans. They
> happen to be people like us only ;-)

Agreed they are not superhumans, but they have to dedicate themselves
for it and you must agree remembering all those thing requires good
memory / skills that not everybody have. You are again forgetting
novice users / programmers.

> If the IDE is taking care of the program, what more attention do
> you want to give the program ?? ;-) Editing the text Captions on
> the Buttons, Titles and warning boxes ??   Now is that what they
> call real Coding ?? Keeps me wondering ;-)

I have never said IDEs take care of program. They take care of syntax
and correctness of your program. It is you who write the program. Let
me tell you those text captions on buttons and warning boxes have got
equal importance. I have seen people searching for a key labelled
'any' on their keyboard looking at the message 'Press any key to
continue...'

If you want to limit programming to Real Programmers, forget this
whole discussion.

> Well, I have a hunch that people at M$ might be using those IDE's
> only so that we get to see a Blue screen once in a while ;-) and
> pay more attention to your computer ;-)

I don't know anything about M$ people and not at all interested in
making any comments about them.

I have seen Linux systems hanging without any reason. BSOD is a plus
point of Windoze that it shows the reason for hanging  and waits for
your key press before actually hanging.

Regards
Urmil Parikh

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.