See - I KNEW IT!!!

You aren't a PHB.  You have to look at this like a PHB.  PHB's don't care if the paper
means
anything relevant.  PHB's live for Plausible Deniability and Glory Hogging.  If they
can't
take credit for it, they don't want to get blamed for it either.

If anything goes wrong, they want to be able to say that he had <fill in the blank> so
thought he was qualified.  On the other hand, if it does well then he can then take the
credit because the person he hired had <fill in the blank>.

Heck, I got started in the IT business professionally years ago because I fooled a PHB
into
letting me take over his network while working on a degree in Biochemistry.  He
actually
thought it had something to do with computers.

Geeks know its just paper and that paper three appropriate uses (for writing on, paper
airplanes, and TP).  Geeks know that paper doesn't pass for credentials.  The PHB's
haven't
gotten around to that idea yet.  They probably never will.   Personally, I don't mind
getting
the paper.  It usually means that the PHB's are willing to put more zero's on my
paycheck
because I have acquired another piece of paper.  Getting more zero's from the PHB's is
a good
thing.