> > If I'm way off base, please let me know.  I'm spending considerable
> > brain power on this idea and if I'm wasting it, I need to know.  I
> > don't have much spare brain power and I could use it to try to figure
> > out my wife . . .
>
> Ask yourself this question: Are you in need of a mod_perl job? If so, I'm
> willing to bet that there are employers who would snap you up in a second.
>
> As has been said a few times here, certification is pretty pointless
> unless you need some distinguishing factor. With mod_perl, the
> distinguishing factor is that you're available!

This is an interesting thread. Just one point though ... just who is
available? Are they any good? Have they any experience? Are they telling the
truth?

Certification may be an issue that deserves careful attention, before idiots
go and try to implement mod_perl solutions, make a complete pig's ear and
give us all a bad name.

John Reid
OpenConnect (Ireland) Ltd