I don't know if anyone has pointed out that
the nineyeenth century view of capitalism
ostensibly espoused here by many of the anti-
freemarket crowd ourght be replaced with a
better model as per Schumpater. ( So, read
Schumpater. all who have an SQ view of the
free market system, or you are on the wrong
page, pointing at a rock and calling it a bird.)

Profit, rather than being theft from the workers of
their  blood, sweat and tears, has more correctly
been pointed out to be, for a company, more like
the fall feeding of a bear--the necessary cushion
through lean times for survival of the enterprise.
(This is not todrny that there are some humans
 who act like thieves and steal from the enterprize
 and their fellow workers.  That is a different problem
 similar to the 'more equal' problem in other systems.)

Profit also pays for the growth of the enterprise and
EVERY company I've worked for or owned paid a
bonus to employees that spread the profit to them.

Not for profit operations often operate less efficiently
and squander any chance of surplus and returns less
if anything to community.

thanks--mel