Ah yes Schumpeter, Kondratiev waves of cultural evolution in economic
cycles .... in my Master's thesis almost 20 years ago. A big fan.

Profit is good ... it's just that a free (like totally free, man)
market may be the best way to make profits, but it's not the best way
to decide how they're used .... some public accountability /
regulation / insurance for lean times is needed there.

Ian