okay someone please explain to me how a profit-based economic system (ie
capitalism) can be sustainable. ie how can we avoid the boom - bust - war cycle
that has characterised capitalism in practice for the past century or so.

of course i am presuming that we all consider depression and war things to be
avoided. (general assent here?)