From: Dave Tenerowicz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:44 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: shipments made for out of stock items

Skip-
Agree. I was not suggesting that a fix would be unconditional. Rather,
something along the lines you suggest here- a conditional property that
can be checked to determine whether or not stock should be checked
before issuing. For this particular client this is an absolute
requirement. In fact, this has been an client expectation / requirement
for most of the ERP implementations I have done (most not with OFB).

-Dave

Skip wrote:
Dave

I agree that this is a big hole/bug.  On the other hand, there are folks
who
don't mind/prefer the sloppiness (I have a customer just like that).  So,
perhaps we could use a property to define the behavior, like:

ilikesloppybookkeeping=true/false  (tongue in cheek)

However, I would be happy to collaborate to get this done.  I want
requirements and automatic backorders issued for out of stock etc for
quick
ship.  I was just about to start work on this.  We could modify the
existing
service to look for a property and if it exists, do the better bookkeeping
/
automatic ordering.

This is a hole for me because if my customer has a customer at the counter
and is selling him some stuff and part of it is on back order, he has to
exit out of the sales order screen and go to the shipping screen to get it
all done right.  It's a pain and will happen 10 times a day for him.
Fixing
the quickship will take care of it.

Maybe with the configurable property, the muckity-mucks won't be so
reluctant to accept it.

Skip