On 7/22/17 8:47 PM, Adair Winter wrote:
We just had to let an installer go, 7 write ups in 7 months. Always
something small and always had an excuse for it. In the meeting where we
let him go he complained that he hadn't been shown the right things to
do and if he had he would have fixed them. It was garbage, he had ride
alongs with his supervisor and had been told several times that he
needed to make minor corrections in areas.
In the end, you just have to document everything and bring down the hammer.

^^^^ This... is unfortunately how I've seen this situation play out far too often. Which is what led me to ask this question. It doesn't matter how many times you say things and how clearly you try to lay it out -- when push comes to shove, somehow the employee had no clue they were being told to fix things.