darrenyeats;543693 Wrote:
> Cheers, I've now read that pdf. I don't understand this fully yet.
>

> I was looking for something in the pdf which might explain your
> statement above in particular but I couldn't find anything. Why can't
> it be the digital crossovers?
> Darren

Sorry I'm not going to get into computer math and precision. Basically
we are still in the digital domain. One signal in attenuated by 6dB.
Two signals out split by frequency both attenuated by 6dB.

Just like if I turned the volume down digitally 6dB and then back up
6dB digitally on 16bit data in a 24bit word. There would be 0 harm.

The digital crossovers have a finite precision. That won't change
regardless of what's sent in. It may effect the LSB or two of the full
24bit word. But we are no where near there. It may effect crossovers
when you start to attenuate say more than 6bits.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)