mswlogo;543643 Wrote:
> Cool. Thanks.
>
> Do you know what aplies it? Hardware (Transporter) or SlimServer
> plugin?
>
> Does Transporter have to be below MAX in order for Replay Gain to
> boost? That's doee there have to headroom?
>
> Does it apply dither?
>
> I'd like to boost some CD's up to full scale (say +3dB or +6dB). But I
> will keep Transporter on Max.
>
> Can it still apply +6dB?

Replaygain quick 101:

1) using something like Foobar will calculate the correct RG tags to
achieve an RMS "loudness" of 89dB for each album. Separate tags are
written (in each track) for the track on its own and for the album as a
set of tracks.
2) Using the "SmartGain" option in SBS allows albums to play back with
the correct relative loudness between tracks AND for random tracks
across albums to play at equivalent loudness
3) Using Foobar to scan whole albums at a time avoids any "clipping" -
track peaks are scanned and the "album gain" for each track is set
accordingly
4) the RG tags are interpreted by SBS but applied in the player before
the volume control settings are applied. RG has no knowledge of the
volume settings. There is no need to dither as there is no change in
bit-depth connected to RG itself and no complex DSP is involved.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio