Interesting question, but I think the question of "which is tougher" and
"which is more valuable" get confused.

As someone who has an MBA from a top school, I know that it took several
thousand of hours of work and an estimated 12,000 - 15,000 pages of reading.
I am in process on my CCIE, but so far it looks like it will only be a
fraction of that.

However, how hard it is really doesn't matter.  The question is what you
want to do with your life and what you find interesting.  Would being an
successful investment banker pay more than being a solid CCIE?  Of course.
Would I hate my life?  Of course.  But, that is just my personal view.

As someone who has had a wide range of technical, managerial, and financial
experiences I strongly encourage people to follow their passion and not get
hung-up in the money question.  And don't worry about how hard it is or
isn't.  If you love it you will work through it.  If you hate it but are
trying to just make a bunch of money, it may be harder for you that becoming
a brain surgeon.

Just my $1.25 worth . . . inflation you know!