--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Growing up, I was more fanatical about Joni, and a
> bit
> more influenced by her in general. Since I started
> writing my own songs, I feel a bit more like I'm in
> the
> "school of Joni" as a songwriter, but that I don't
> aspire to be her, or emulate her personally.

I think the hard part would be trying *not* to be
influenced by her.  On the rare occasion where I've
composed a song and I think the music is really good,
I realize later the music was already written by
someone else (strangely enough, though, not Joni as a
rule).  I can write lyrics but as far as
composing/writing original music is concerned,
anything I've ever written tends to sound too much
like something else.  It's frustrating.

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca