Hi,

Two points on this rather lengthy thread--

AMD have just announced the release of a 1GHz Athlon CPU, and
Intel are expected to announce a P3 at 1GHz very soon.  If Rat thinks
these monsters can't handle a well-written implementation of even
R-Type Atrac what do you think is needed?

Secondly I doubt we'll see Sony do a software ATRAC implementation
of their algorithm as Sharp et al will probably reverse-engineer it
for their chips, to solve their current ATRACs tendency to trash the
sound into a load of snap, crackle and pops :-P

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "if it harms none, do what you will"
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/
ICQ: 36892193

Earn a minimum of $20 per hour by watching ads on the net!
Visit http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10164669