On 11 Gen, 12:35, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Nah, the discussion is over.

Ok, you chose the easiest way: to escape.

> Your suggestion of me donating code to the FSF shows you have totally
> missed the point.

It was too much, I realised while trying to write the 10 lines... too
easy for such a big price.
You could propose something smaller, maybe: "Ok, I'll admit I was
wrong in showing the result of an internal benchmark without a
disclaimer, and I'll propose to move the two test you do not like from
app to function speed".
You didn't.

> Why should I donate a few thousand lines of my own code to them
> because you donate 10 lines to us?

I'm not donating anything! You challenged me, I accepted the
challenge. You should ask a price to if I loose. You didn't.

Unfortunately, once I accepted your challenge, you retired.

> Go away. You are just being rude. I can write the lines myself.

"Talk is cheap, show me the code", and remember "10 not too long
lines" :D

> I personally think you came here with an agenda all along. It is just

I assure you I did not. I did not even know of the existence of
mpir_bench_two. I was interested on the patent issue, that's why I got
into the list.

> the GMP release, you just happen to own a very old machine which they

Sorry, for having old hardware, I'll appreciate (and my girlfriend
too, she would inherit my laptop and she could use it even when I'm
working!) if you you donate me something newer :-)
Next days I'll try with the machine of my parents, its a PentiumIII
450MHz, with Ubuntu. I'll let you know.
Probably not even GMP is supporting such an old machine...

> have optimised for and we have not, you just happen to know all about
> coding for GMP, you just happen to like the FSF. It's all too
> convenient for me. I smell a rat.

It is convenient for you to "suspect" and avoid to answer, for sure.
Do you think that people that like FSF are so rare within persons
interested in free software libraries performing math computations?
And interested on how patents can be a problem for free software?

> I won't reply on this issue again. Goodbye.

Adios.

Gian.

(By the way, MPIR's make check failed when I was testing my 10-
liners... then I switched back to gcc 4.3, and make check worked
again... the problem was in the compiler, probably in that snapshot of
the compiler, it was a gcc-4.4.3 201001something, very bleeding
edge... too much bleeding edge...)