I am really surprised that all of the RF-expertise here on Vo seems to be fixated on capacitive coupling when the initial photo on that page shows a battery driven isolated circuit with its own signal, where capacitive coupling is impossible.

As mentioned, RF from AM has been eliminated now as contributory.

On a more positive note, Lindemann has added two videos relating to another aspect of "cold electricity" to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNIXyUXXqg

Lindemann is looking at the "cold" phenomenon from a very different perspective than Stiffler, and he does not mention that experiment at all, but there could be some cross-connection in the two.

The common thread between Lindemann and Stiffler is the importance of matching high impedance to resonance, and the fact that whatever "excess" one wishes to find cannot be apples-to-apples. I suspect that getting resonance to a high level - 18 MHz in the case of Stiffler by only ~50-60 Hz in the case of Lindemann, makes all the difference in finding some (putative) gain.

Lindemann's circuit is not close to gainful, whereas the Stiffler circuit is possibly gainful and the second big difference is that Stiffler uses an "active load". The LEDs are probably acting as either "detectors" or coherers of some kind of wave energy, and possibly that gives a huge advantage.

Lindemann is able to pull-off the EVGray/ Bedini "battery recharging" shtick, and in that situation he shows the greatest possible gain, since the draw drops to minimal. The lead-acid battery is notable for high internal resistance - so that fits in to a general theme here.

It seems to me that the commentators here have been too quick to assume that the effect is conservative. Isn't the purpose of this forum to seek out anomalies, and this process may involve some trust in experimenters with very extensive experience in these things to have already eliminated obvious inputs.

Jones