For the words I have this quotation that I had placed on the front page of
my book (L'algèbre des signes, 1990) and which says almost the same thing
but in the field of language using the "quasi-morphism":
 notes --> words ;  melody --> speech, music score --->algebra
"All speech is but such an algebra, the repeated signs being the words,
which have relations by virtue of the meanings associated with the them "
(CP 3.418)
The best,
Robert
Honorary Professor ; PhD Mathematics ; PhD Philosophy
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Marty
*https://martyrobert.academia.edu/ <https://martyrobert.academia.edu/>*