Yes, it is not one or the other. That's my point exactly. So what is the
harm in doing our best to get a feel for what people prefer, how they
balance these concerns, and how the different choices affect them?

I welcome all the pushback and have already learned a very great deal--this
is one of the things I love about OSM--it is a space for nearly unlimited
learning, which I relish and seek. I am dismayed by what I consider to be
the negative tone, as well as comments that are based on speculation or
assumptions about our intentions, skills, or the overall approach. At a
minimum, kindly worded questions could be asked instead of opinions levied
that are based on assumptions.  We did know that some would not like a
Google form. We had to make a tough choice.  Why is it assumed that we just
ignored the question of open or closed source entirely. What level of fool
would do that for a survey in OSM? We are not that level of fools.  Of
course we didn't ignore them. But we do not have unlimited powers and
resources and we had to make the choice that could move our work forward.

In my experience it is a common critique of this forum that it is negative
and even mean-spirited. Perhaps some of the commenters here could take that
feedback with the same enthusiasm that they are giving feedback to me.
Then, we can all be learners.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 1:16 PM Marc_marc <marc_m...@mailo.com> wrote:

> Le 30.04.23 à 18:29, Courtney a écrit :
> > It will be interesting to get a sense of how many within the community
> > have principled objections to proprietary software compared to members
> > of the community who are looking at useability, localization, and/or
> > accessibility as well as open sourcing in their choices of software.
>
> wtf, with such biased questions, I wonder what point there
> is in answering, the only thing that is proven is your lack
> of sensitivity in this point
>
> it is not one or the other
> it's useability with no respect for privacy
> or useability with privacy
> or useability without any knowledge that you are offering
> your personal data to the company hosting the service

--Courtney Cook Williamson
survivalbybook.substack.com