Hi all,
  I am really disappointed by the anger and outrage in this thread and
that, to castigate a volunteer in public, no matter what hat they are
wearing or company they work for is just not on. Now we have the LimeSurvey
version, let's promote this and look at the results.

  I hope in future, that if someone objects strongly to a scenario
presented, then they contact the original poster directly first and if they
have no luck, then reply to the group. Sometimes, it's a learning curve and
their best of intentions may be a little wayward. Let's be nice to each
other please

Warm Regards

Ewen Hill
OSM Editor

On Mon, 1 May 2023 at 01:24, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 4/28/23 15:57, Marc_marc wrote:
> > I am impressed (and disappointed) that those who do these surveys
> > have still not learned that part of the active opendata community
> > does not wish to ally a closeddata based enterprise (nominally:
> > no use of google forms for some of us).
>
> Agree. It's one thing for an OSMF working group to use a closed
> source/siloed product internally, but quite another to attempt to engage
> with the community via such a product.
>
> I am not surprised when a commercial company like Tom Tom does that
> without a second thought, but I would expect more from an OSMF working
> group.
>
> Please find a way for non-Google users to participate in this survey, or
> your results will be biased to the point of un-suitability because they
> will lack responses from people who'd rather not engage with Google,
> i.e. the whole "communication behaviours" of this group of people would
> not be represented.
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --